Saturday, November 25, 2006
Party Planning so far....
I'm just going to include my notes with links I've found. If anyone has any reviews for any of these places or know a place that's better let me know!

Food
Cinderella Cake
Locally made. It's really just going to be one of those barbie style cakes with the doll at the top.
Pink Juice
I need recipes for a nice pink punch that both kids AND adults will like
Chicken Nuggets & French Fries
Courtesy of Chick*Fil*A (not very classy....but it's beedee's favorite)
Ice Cream
Probably just some Breyer's

Games/Activites
We're going to create stuffed animals. There's no 'Build A Bear' in my town, so I'm going to order kits from americanstuffabear.com. Is it bad that I signed up to be a rep JUST for the purpose of getting a wholesale discount for the party???
We're either going to stuff the St. Bernard or a Doll, I haven't decided. Although if we stuff the dog we'll get a bag to carry them home in....
I'm also going to get the colorable tshirt that says 'happy birthday' for the girls to color with.
I've talked a friend of mine (ok I'm going to pay her!) to dress up as Cinderella. Blue dress, glass shoes and all. I'm actually looking for patterns right now. I also have a back up Cinderella just in case, I don't something happens.

Favors
The Stuffed Bear
Cinderella Party Hats
Princess Cookies
Ariel and Cinderella
My niece and I had some at World Market yesterday and they are NASTY (ok not NASTY but they don't taste great), but they are SO CUTE!!

Decorations
Here's my dilemma. I don't know if I should just buy the deluxe princess party pack from Birthday Express, or buy different items on my own. I'm not that creative of a person and while shabby chic/home made would be cute...anything I do would be more like shabby crap. So...I think I am just going to buy a kit.

Has anyone ever ordered a 'birthday in a bag'?

Ok. These are my draft plans. Now I just have to do the guest list (no more than 4 kids...I'm really not a kid person), and find some invitations!

OH and does anyone know if there's any Black Cinderella anything?


Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger mama hall said...

I made some pink punch at a baby shower a few weeks ago. it was a hit with grownups and kids (the ones that were allowed to have it, anyway.) :)

SunnyD Orange fused with Strawberry [yes, it's really called that]

pour SunnyD in a punch bowl. add 1/4-1/2 liter some kind of sparkling, carbonated beverage, like Sprite.

add orange slices (thin, round slices, like lily pads) and frozen whole strawberries to float around in the punch.

serve in clear *plastic* cups for the full pink effect. plastic wine glasses, even! wouldn't that add a nice princess-ish touch :)

hope this helps!

Anonymous canadian mommy said...

Great share of party guide here. I'll just follow your guide here and leave it all to my event organizer. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer